Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya National Mission on Teachers and Teaching (PMMMNMTT)
Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya National Mission on Teachers and Teaching (PMMMNMTT) is a Scheme launched by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. The aim of the scheme to improve the quality of school and higher education by addressing comprehensively all issues related to teachers, teaching, teacher preparation, professional development, Curriculum Design, Designing and Developing Assessment & Evaluation methodology, Research in Pedagogy and developing effective Pedagogy. It has an outlay of 900 crores during XIIth plan period.
The Mission proposes to have following components:
- Schools of Education (in Central Universities) – 30
- Centres of Excellence for Curriculum and Pedagogy -50
- Inter-University Centres for Teachers’ Education
- National Resource Centre for Education – 1
- Centres for Academic Leadership and Education Management – 5
- Innovations, Awards, Teaching Resource Grant, including Workshop & Seminar,Subject Networks for Curricular Renewal and Reforms.